This checklist will help you properly prepare for your Closing. Keeping this checklist in mind will help us to close your pool quickly and efficiently and avoid costly return visits to get your pool closed!
☐ Water lowering is one of our most common issues during closing season, and one of the costliest. (If your water level is too high, you will be charged an additional $125 for us to lower the water to the appropriate level.)
- Inground Pools with Safety Covers: Water must be lowered 18” below the coping.
- Standard Tarp Cover Pools: Water must be lowered 2”-3” below the bottom of the skimmer.
- Above ground pools: Water does not need to be lowered.
- Fiberglass pools: Water must be lowered 2”-3” below the bottom of the skimmer.
Note: If you backwash to lower your pool water, make sure you plug the skimmer(s) and run the pool only on the main drain to get the water below the skimmers, without running the pump dry. Make sure you remove timer switches and turn off pool once the water is lowered.
☐ Cover is easily accessible (in the bag is fine).
☐ Plugs & Screw Plugs are on or near the pool deck, easily accessible.
☐ “Gizzmos” are easily accessible (one for each skimmer).
☐ Garden hose (with two working ends) is attached to a spigot near the pool.
☐ Outdoor Electricity is on, and Circuit Breakers (inside and out) are easily accessible. We need access to a working electrical outlet.
☐ Gates are unlocked, or we have access to keys/code.
- Remember: If your pool is not adequately prepared, we will have to return on another day to finish your closing. Please help us keep things running smoothly during our very busy closing season by being ready for your closing!