Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why did the technician leave my main drain closed?
We have opened the main drain and made sure it is ready to use. The main drain should be left closed until all debris has been removed from the pool to prevent the hydrostatic valve from opening – causing the pool to lose water. Trust us!
2. Did they clean my pool at the opening?
The entire pool was brushed to loosen debris & algae. This is the first step of the clean up.
3. Why aren’t the timer switches/control system on?
We left the pool running 24/7 to speed up the cleaning process (control systems will be left in service mode). Once the pool is clean, clear, and balanced, it can be set to run 12 hours per day.
4. Why is my floor cleaning system not working?
The in-floor system is left off to allow the dirt and debris to settle so it can be manually vacuumed from the pool. Once the pool is clean and clear, the floor system can be turned on. This is the fastest way to clean a pool in the spring.
5. Why isn’t my waterfall running?
We will start the waterfall to check it is working properly; it will then be shut off to speed the cleaning process. The basin must be clear of leaves and debris before starting the waterfall to prevent the debris from getting into the pool.
6. Why isn’t my salt water chlorine generator turned on?
To prevent damage to the cell, the salt water chlorine generator should not be turned on until:
- The water is balanced
- The water temperature is above 60 degrees
- The salt level is in the correct range (See the manufacturer’s recommendations for your model.)
7. Do I need to add salt to my pool?
At the opening we deliver 6 bags of salt and usually add 3 of them to the pool. Once the pool has been circulating for 24 hours the water should be professionally tested to determine how much additional salt is required to achieve the proper salt levels.
8. Why isn’t my automatic pool cleaner (Polaris) being used?
Automatic pool cleaners are not designed to handle the amount of debris that is often in the pool at the opening. A Polaris will stir up debris and slow down the cleaning process. The fastest way to clean the pool is to allow all the dirt and debris to settle, then remove by vacuuming. The automatic pool cleaner can be used to maintain your clean pool.
9. Why is my heater not working?
The heater should be working, but just not turned on. We will test your heater and let you know if it is not functioning properly. If the heater is not working, we can schedule a return visit to repair it. Once the pool is clean and clear you can set the heater to your preferred temperature.
10. Why isn’t my spa running?
The opening team will leave the pool running 24/7 to clear the large body of water as quickly as possible. Once the pool is clean the spa can be filled with the pool water and the control system can be used in either pool or spa mode.
11. What do I need to do to prepare for SSPS Pool Opening Services?
Use this checklist to prepare for your pool opening services: Are You Ready For Your Pool Opening?
12. What do I need to do to prepare for SSPS Pool Closing Services?
Use this checklist to prepare for your pool opening services: Are You Ready For Your Pool Closing?